Thursday, May 2, 2024

Today is the 2nd day of surgery. I'm feeling good enough to type now, albeit veeerrry sloooowly.

The first day was uneventful. I checked in at 6:30am. There were some pre-op checks and questionnaires and forms to sign. The anesthesiologist put me to sleep around 7:50am. I woke up around 11:30am, but barely able to think or talk. Pam was already here but I couldn't walk (I was too nauseated/dizzy) and it took a looong time to get into the car-- I don't remember the details but I was half dozing off and trying to get out of the wheel chair. I slept through half of the day. I didn't fully awake and drink water and walk around until late in the afternoon.

The funny thing about the surgery is that post-op, I didn't feel any pain at all. Zero -- NADA! And besides feeling tired and somewhat nauseated, I actually felt carefree and a bit happy. It was probably the opiates working all too well. Later at night, I started to feel more and more pain until I decided to take Hydrocodone (opiate) that I picked up the day before the surgery. First 48-72 hours -- pain management is utmost important.

Back to day 1: when I was asleep, Dr. Eklund told Pam that it went well, and everything else will just depend on post-op care. It's now day 2, and I am hoping that with good PT and some time to heal, I'll be good very soon. I can't wait to play tennis, biking, & skiing with my kid. And of course, I can't wait to get out of the house and start working again!


Below are some pictures from the scope. You can see the instrumentations drilling in for labral repairs, etc/aka capsular plication). High tech stuff -- I love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment